Tom Kindred is running for St Lucie County Tax Collector.
A few points from Tom.
- The responsibilities of the Tax Collector’s Office are diverse, demanding and crucial to the operation of our local governments.
- From customer service to data management to human resources, it is vital that county tax collectors have solid business management experience. While the race may be political, the duties of the job demand a hands-on understanding of, and commitment to, good business practices.
- When elected as Tax Collector, I will continue to provide the citizens of St. Lucie County the same effective business operations and high-level customer service as they have experienced with the present Tax Collector and his staff.
- In addition, I look forward to meeting tomorrow’s opportunities and challenges with fresh ideas, dedication and hard work.
He is the right man for the job.
Here are some of the many reasons why.
- St. Lucie County resident for 46 of my 48 years.
- President of Sunrise Tractor and Equipment for 18 years
- Adjunct professor at Indian River State College – Business Department
- 2010 IRSC Business Department Adjunct Professor of the Year
- Fort Pierce Main Street Manager for 5 years
- Owner/operator of Boomers Bar-B-Q Restaurant for 4 years
- Currently in the CVS Pharmacy Managerial program
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications – University of Florida
- Married to Mary Koblegard-Kindred for 25 years
- Son attending Lincoln Park Academy
- Daughter attending University of Central Florida
- Multi-year agri-business committee chairperson -St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce
- Former board member of St. Lucie County Farm Bureau and St. Lucie County Agricultural Extension Agency
- University of Florida – Bachelor’s Degree in Communications
- Member Florida Blue Key – University of Florida Leadership Honorary
- Strayer University – Currently MBA candidate
Background & Work History
Main Street Fort Pierce – 1988 –1991 – Manager
- Sunrise Theater – Founded Save the Theater Group, wrote grants that ultimately led to the successful restoration of the historic theater
- Established Friday Fest – one of St. Lucie County’s most successful and established events and fundraisers
Sunrise Tractor –1991 –2009 – President/General Manager
- Managed all aspects of business, human resources, accounting, sales, service, marketing, training, inventory controls
- Developed and managed budgets and forecasts, monitored market share, created marketing strategies in coordination with corporate management.
Indian River State College — 2007-Current – Certified Adjunct Professor
- Adjunct Professor – Teaching business courses including Introduction to Marketing, Introduction to Business Math, Introduction to Business Management, Introduction to Business Law
- Selected Business Department’s Adjunct Professor of the Year 2010
Boomers’ Bar-B-Q- 2008-2011 – Owner/Manager
- Created and established new restaurant and catering business
CVS Management 2011-Current
Agri-Business Committee- St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce
- Chaired this committee for multiple years. Arranged and facilitated meetings between agriculture groups, environmental groups, water districts and business groups.
- Directed committee that coordinated the move of USDA employees from Orlando to Fort Pierce. Coordinated trips to Orlando with local business and political leaders to meet with USDA employees.
Served as Board Member:
- St. Lucie County Chamber of Commerce
- St. Lucie County Farm Bureau
- St. Lucie County Agricultural Extension Agency